A ** Vintage Guitars VJ74NAT 4 String Jazz Bass Natural in Brand New condition!
At Evolution Music, we attempt to highlight cosmetic defects (if any) by picturing every angle of every piece of gear so you know exactly what you are getting. We always picture any and all accessories too. What you see is what you will get so please check out the pictures! Everything we sell has been tested and is fully functional unless otherwise noted. We have a 5 star rating from 1000+ happy customers across our three locations. Please message us if you have any questions. We are always happy to help and will respond asap!
- With its gorgeous maple neck and fingerboard with chunky black block inlays the VJ74M also features Wilkinson hardware, including two full-toned, crisp and clear bass pickups that give the player wonderful tonal variations and awesome playability.
- Body: Eastern Poplar
- Neck: Hard Maple – Bolt On
- Scale: 34″/864mm
- Frets: 20
- Neck Inlays: Black Block
- Tuners: Wilkinson® WJBL200
- Bridge: Adjustable
- Pickups: Wilkinson® PB x 2 (M) WJB800, (B) WJB800
- Hardware: Chrome
- Scratchplate: Black
- Controls: 1 Volume/ 1 Tone
- A Brief History of VINTAGE Guitars
- Back in the mid-60s, a desire for independence in business led to John Skewes forming a small musical instrument agency and wholesale business based at his home near Leeds, England. Over time, his new business steadily began to take off, and soon included throughput of some self-branded lines of musical merchandise. That effective early decision to carry self-branded merchandise continues to this day, with their signature Vintage® acoustic and electric guitars and basses which were first produced and sold in 1985. Today, Skewes is the largest family-owned independent musical merchandise distributor in the U.K. and the Vintage ‘family’ includes Fret King® electric guitars, Pilgrim® Banjo’s and Mandolins, Laka® Ukuleles, Encore® electric and acoustic guitars, and Kinsman® cases.
- About the legendary designer, Trev Wilkinson
- The central idea behind Vintage® is to offer accessibly priced, vintage-looking guitars with great finishes, quality parts, and features that are typically found on guitars costing upward of a thousand dollars. So, to design an industry-leading line of professional but affordable guitars, Trev Wilkinson joined forces with JHS over a decade ago. These instruments now include class-leading Wilkinson®-designed hardware.
- Certain features make Vintage® guitars a “bigger bang for the buck.” Subtle changes to traditional guitar designs have been made so they perform much better. For instance, on the spring block, the holes are staggered in a way that allows the strings to leave the block and pass over the saddles at a consistent angle that helps keep those strings in tune. Trev also developed tuning keys called EZ-LOK™ that work like a locking tuner, but actually don’t require any mechanical manufacturing. There’s nothing to unwind when you’re slacking the strings using the vibrato, and they always come back to pitch. The same goes for our pickups. Trev doesn’t have a high-dollar pickup range to protect, so he can produce pickups that will sound as good as any company can wind anywhere in the world.
- Trev has been described as “Britain’s one-man think tank.” Asserting that there’s always more work to be done when it comes to improving guitar playability! We’re here to attest to the fact that’s just who Trev is.